Do you think it could be...?? TMI sorry

ok, I am 23 weeks prego with my second and I have been noticing there is white stuff coming out of my nipples (TMI sorry). Its not wet, and it doesnt go through my bra or shirt, but could this be colostrum? It washes off when I take a shower, but not when I just wipe it. And it seems to ALWAYS be there. If it is colostrum does that mean I will start getting milk soon, and will I have to wear nursing pads soon??

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 1:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it may be colostrum.. and you MAY have to wear nursing pads lol. but you may not, mine did this when i was pregnant and i wore pads a few times.. like 3 but not more than that...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It more than likely is colostrum. With my 2nd I noticed white discharge (not dripping but just crusted) way earlier than with my first. But, don't worry, your mil won't come in til after the baby is born. Wear some nursing pads if there's enough to bug you
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yep you're correct! It's colostrum! The chance that your milk will come in before your baby is born is sooo small. If you're worried about it I would just keep an extra shirt and nursing pads handy.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:57 AM on Sep. 1, 2009