would you be irritated?? or am i just already irritated with her and now every little thing is irritating me??

lol
okay my SIL is living with us and shes been driving me up a wall but thats a whole different story ...anyway
i went to do my dds laundry, and we have the seventh generation all natural detergent that we use only for her clothes....which, that stuff doesnt come cheap. anyway, it was GONE and was filled a little bit with WATER... (idk if she thought i would think it was detergent or what but anyway) i asked my SO if it was him and he said no, i believe him he would tell me and he is just as anal with her things as i am.
so it was my SIL... idk why she used her detergent when there is a huge bottle of normal detergent there, i even pushed DDs deter. aside so no one would use it...

but she did, and im Pissed as hell...
would you be mad??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah. Why don't you say something to her? I would.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• after having a SIL live with us,I get where your coming from. I would be very mad too! Youhave every right to be upset especially if she knew not to use it. I would have blown my top by now and let her have it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would just buy a new bottle and tell your SIL that it is for your DD because she has sensitive skin and leave it at that. If she still uses it, use a big ol' Sharpie and mark "For < >'s laundry only.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes I would. I would try to be calm when I asked her about it though. I think I would say something like "___ is there a reason you moved the regular detergent and used our dd's special baby detergent?" Then, regardless of her reason - unless it's something like - I was doing some of her (your dd's) laundry for you and ran out of soap - I would say something like "Well, I wish you would have told me you used it all, because I need it now. It's pretty expensive specialty soap, and I need you to replace it."

If she pushes the issue, won't replace it, continues to do stuff like this - meaning take advantage of you and your things and intentionally try to antagonize you - then I would tell her she needs to get her own place. If you are room mates - meaning you split bills, etc - then I would start locking up your stuff.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• btw - I'm assuming that this wasn't an accident, or that she didn't notice the other soap there. Basically, that it was part of a larger pattern of lack of consideration / taking advantage / trying to get a rise out of you.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• we dont split bills fifty fifty, we gave her a flat rate monthly to pay and it is an amazing great amount for her to pay, shes young and i understand that, but its not like she is going half-ies on everything either...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'd be mad, but did your SIL know that she wasn't supposed to use it? Let her know that you are upset and that the detergent is expensive and if needed start storing it in your room.
    HomeschoolingJa

Answer by HomeschoolingJa at 1:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• no i honestly think she is trying to push my buttons, shes done numerous things in the past month and a half that i think were to especially grind my gears...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Nope.

If I care about things like that, I control them... including telling people how I want them used, and then making sure they're used the way I want them to be used (or not at all) --or restricting access.

Just a thought: does she take your car whenever she wants it? Does she sleep in whichever room she feels like sleeping in? It's your house and your stuff, if you don't want her using it, don't hope that putting it 'over there' is a clear statement of anything.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would especially ask her about the water in it. What . . . does she think you're stupid?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2009