When do I test? If I haven't got my period yet? (2 months after having baby)

I think I may be pregnant again...when do you take a home pregnancy test if you haven't got your period back yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I nursed both my kids. With my second, I didn't get my period again until she was a year old. With my first, I didn't get my period again - ever. Meaning, my oldest was 6 mos old and I hadn't started my period again when I got pg with my second.

By the way, we were using condoms with both pg's - EVERY time, and properly!

I would wait another week or so, then maybe take a test, but either way, I think I would call my ob/gyn and ask them about it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i wouldnt even waste money on an at home pregnancy test, i would go to an ob-gyn and request a blood test to be drawn. GL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It's possible too, if you are breastfeeding, sometimes you don't get your period after the post partum bleeding stops. You didn't mention if you breast or bottle fed, a just thought I'd throw that out there for ya in case that may be the case here. I'd still do a home pregnancy test and if you still don't get your period in a few more weeks then I'd head to the doc's office.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'M THE POSTER.

My son is 11 weeks old. I have been cramping for a little over a week now...feels like I may be getting my period (but, I felt like that when I found out I was pregnant before)....so, not sure...
    My husband and I have been having sex since 6 week post-partum using the withdrawl technique. I mostly breastfeed, but I do supplement with formula (8 ounces a day).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Then there is a chance you could be pg. Even if your dh doesn't ejaculate inside you, there is something called pre-cum, where basically a little bit seeps out, and there is sperm in that.

Also, I nursed exclusively and still got pg, and, like I said, I didn't have my period. At the point you're at, it's possible to ovulate and not have your period. But the thing is, there's a chance that you could take a test and get whacked out results because of how young your baby is. I would call your Dr and tell him that you have been using the withdrawal method of b/c and you think you might be pg again, and ask for a blood test.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• U think it may be too early to take a blood test? How long do you think I should wait until I test, so, I don't waste money on a home or a blood test?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I don't know if it's too early for a blood test, but honestly, call your Dr's office and ask them about it. They will be able to tell you if it's too early to take a blood test or not, and if it is, when you should take it. I don't think they would charge you anything for telling you when you should be tested.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• A dollar store PT couldn't hurt. And I wouldn't recommend the withdrawl method. Men have preejaclatory stuff that can also get you pregnant.

2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yes, but i am very sensitive to condoms, burns/hurts if i use it...and since i am breastfeeding, i don't trust taking the birth control pill...so, that's why we use the withdrawl method.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i do know that using the withdrawl way, it's only 70-80% effective as a birth control....and getting a dollar store pt is a good idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2009