I am a believer in christ our savior.. yet for some reason i relate more to new age books abt reincarntion

i want to believe in some way i lived a past life.. is this wrong.. i want to think mybe my emotional struggles have a reason.. that my soul is not done grwing. i should relate to this more through the bible... but i there is a book im reading called the seat of soul.. and talks abt..our souls process.. is this not good if im a follwer of christ

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm pagan, but I think it's silly that religions are so often so exclusive. Believe what you want to believe. Christ will love you no matter what.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am christian but I also understand and relate to many other beliefs, I have many pagan friends and I dont feel that any of what i read or research or believe makes me less of a christian, none of what i look into is in direct conflict with my christian beliefs. As long as you feel that your relationship with god is good and acceptable to you then you dont need anyone on this earth to validate it for you. your going to have people answer this that you are wrong for doing this, it is not wrong if it feels right for you and your beliefs. Let your heart and your feelings guide you, only you know whats right for you.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:57 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If you believe in Jesus, I assume you have some Bible knowledge. Did Jesus ever mention reincarnation? If reincarnation is so, does that mean that there are only a limited number of souls and they just continue to regenerate after death? Please don't take this as sarcasm or an insult to your thinking because it is not intended that way.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You've got to remember that many of the "rules" and "limitations" in Christianity were put in place by men hundreds of years after Christ supposedly walked the Earth... and SO much of it is left up to individual interpretation....so who's to say what's accurate & what's symbolic & what's just flatout wrong? Heck, I could list a whole slew of inconsistencies in the teachings of the Bible.... doesn't keep people from believing in it.

Believe what you believe. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.... find what works for you & go with that.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Personally, I'm an atheist, but I think if you've found something that furthers your spirituality, or makes you think about who you are and where you've been, etc, then how could that be a bad thing? As long as you're not hurting anyone, I see nothing wrong with it. But why not talk to your pastor/church people about it and get their opinions?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The Bible shows evidence of everlasting life in Heaven (John 6:47), and Hell (Mark 9:48) where maggot doesn't die and fire doesn't cease, and making atonement for the dead (2 Mac 12:42-46) and Abrahams bosom (Lk 16:19-31) which tells us there is no bridge in which souls can pass from Hell to Heaven, but there are souls which have not yet made it to Heaven.

And a person dies once and immediately afterwords there is judgement (Heb 9:27).

All of this contradicts reincarnation, and you can visit http://earlychristianwritings.com/
    The site has writings from the early christians for the first 400 years. I've read most of these and cannot find any evidence they believed in reincarnation, but instead the opposite.

This is not to tell you what to believe or what not to believe, but just an opportunity to deepen your beliefs.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have always been a firm believer that you can't MAKE yourself believe in things you don't. Either you are going to believe it or you won't. Chances are even though you believe in JC you have always had a question about this part of the faith. And so, I would suggest finding a faith that does not clash with what your heart says.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Who's to say they can't go hand in hand?? I don't think you're wrong, but obviously my opinon is not one that matters. Now if you are having doubts about whether or not god would approve ask him. I think you should go with what feels right to you. It's not like you are looking at witchcraft or something like that, which you know is against his will.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Actually during the early years of Christianity reincarnation was an accepted part of the belief. Early church leaders & theologians wrote that one would be reborn over & over again until they were worthy of entering the presence of God (heaven). I believe that Origen of Alexandria, St. Augustine & St. Jerome are a few who wrote on this subject.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009