My sister lets my 2 year old niece drink soda.

It's all the time. I think it's ridiculous. Who does that? When I say something to her, she always tries to make it seem like she barely drinks it. My 10 year old nephew just had a kidney stone. HMMMMMM, could it be from all the soda? They came here for two nights and each drank a 12 pack of soda. My sister had diet coke and my nephew had mountain dew.

Do you know anyone who lets their kids drink that crap? My mother never kept soda or junk food in the house, so she didn't learn it from there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try and add up the amount of sugar they consume in one day (kids). Then put that amount of sugar in a container and give it to your sister. Let her know that this is how much sugar she gives her kids
    A DAY.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• if they were at your house i would have said "house rules, no soda..."

but really, shes the mother, its not your call.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Not your child dont worry about it/
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i know you care about your niece but you cant really make sme1 raise there kid how you feel they should be raised.i do agree though with you because the babies teeth can rot as well.it should not be often at all that she drinks soda.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• That's awful. Nothin' you can do, though, except nag and they don't like to hear that and just block you out, even when you have good intentions and good information.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I know it's not my call, that's why I didn't say "House rules, no soda"

I just find it ridiculous. She is a toddler for God sakes and she's already eating junk food all the time. She's always got a lolli pop hanging out of her mouth and eating cheese curls. I've let my daughter have sugar free pudding and sugar free ice cream, but that's about it for the sweets.

Has anyone else heard of such a young child getting a kidney stone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• lack of water causes kidney stones, so if all they drink all day everyday is soda then that can cause it. you arent the parent, but if it were my sister id say hey you know not drinking enough water causes kidney stones, you should make sure they drink 8-10 glasses of water a day so they dont get it again, and leave it at that.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I don't, but who gives a crap, really? She's not your child. Get over it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Your mom not allowing it at all is 100% the reason of why your sister is taking it to such extremes in the other direction. Perfect example of why you should allow children sweets but in moderation so they don't binge like crazy as adults because they feel deprived. That being said a 2 year old is way too young to drink soda. Maybe, possibly, a sip here and there but a whole can... nope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

I never said that she didn't allow it, but she taught us to eat healthy not junk food 24/7.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2009