can this cause labor?

I woke up with at 9 with a burst of energy..cleaned my entire house top to bottom from 9:30am-5:30pm, took a bath, ate, and then at around 10 I went for an hour walk..it is 1:40 and im still up and not all that tired..i started getting contractions, some painful, some completely painless but i felt tightening..they are pretty much regular..they started off at 3-4 minutes apart but now they are 7-10 minutes apart..i really think i over worked myself today but i dont feel the usual exhaustion i normally feel..im now starting to feel sick..flu like sick..my lower back kills and i get menstrual cramps/BM cramps occasionally..but most of my contractions are painless..my whole body is starting to ache
could i be going into labor? could over working myself cause that? im almost 36 weeks..
im going to lay down and try to relax after i get a few answers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Drink some water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• im 41weeks and im going through somewhat the same.all my contractions keep going from 4 to 6 6 to 8 then 8 to 10 and down.they are all freakin painful as hell.im waiting to dilate and my contractions to get closer
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• usually when you are close to labor, your body naturally goes into 'mother mode" and you can clean like crazy, and get baby ready to come home.. over working yourself yes can start contractions.. drink some water, relax or try to, walk if youd like... take a warm bath.. and then see how you feel! GL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think you may just be slightly dehydrated and your body is tired. Try drinking some water, take a bath, lay down and relax. The good news is your contractions are getting further apart and not closer together and it doesn't sound like they're increasing in intensity. I think you're just having BH.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:57 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes, its possible that you may have jump-started labor but its also possible that your body is just signaling you to rest. The nesting instinct is strong but try to rest as much as you can now- there will be no rest for the weary once little one arrives.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Nesting. It sounds like you are in PreLabor. Some people it only last a few hours others like me it lasts for weeks. I'd call your doc and see if he wants you to go into L&D to get checked and monitored.
    Good Luck! Hope you can get some sleep!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2009