i just read this on another question.... is it true?!

do nursed babies deny baby food more than formula fed?

another mother said her child did this, and my niece did it and some other babies i know have too... my dd is denying a lot of foods that i try giving her, could it be because she is used to breastmilk only?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you know i never really thought about it, none of my breastfeeders refused babyfood and all 3 of my children began eating table foods about the same time, my BF'd babies a little sooner but only becuase i was more experienced and not freaking out that they would choke on everything i gave them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• who cares breast milk is the best anyway :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• That's an interesting question.

BM is naturally sweet, so it would make sense! Most people start out with veggies...which are not so sweet.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Interesting.. i think this is another one that depends on the baby.... Have you tried giving them something besides veggies? Or coat the end of it in sugar a couple of times until they realize its not so bad.
    jewelxkitty

Answer by jewelxkitty at 2:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think it depends on the children. I was breastfed, my brothers and sisters were breastfed, my DD is breastfed, and most of my friends bf their children. I haven't hjeard of any issues refusing baby food.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I've had 4 breastfed children and none of them have ever refused food, of any kind.

Answer by missanc at 8:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i have a FF baby and she hates baby food would never touch it and will be 9 months next week so no i dont think that BF hate it.. i think its a baby to baby situation
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• could be that it's different food from what the mother has eaten during breastfeeding. I have heard that the baby develops tastes during pregnancy and nursing just from what mama eats, so maybe it's because it's something new. My son nursed and I don't think he turned down anything when I introduced solids.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think it probably depends on the baby. I just started my (breastfed) lo on veggies and he loves them. He wasn't big on the cereal though. He absolutely loves peas!
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It's very individual. Mine never turned ANYTHING down.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009