Birthday Party Troubles

My daughter's 3 rd birthday isn't until November 16th, but I have already started planning for it. She LOVES my little pony! She calls them her "ho-ho's", and she doesn't want to share them with anybody, haha, it's so cute! I love it so much!
I am ordering most of her party supplies off of www.whaleofaparty.com and some things off www.birthdayexpress.com plus what i have already bought to do her party favors with and decorations. Its gonna be like $200 for her plates, and some favors and i was gonna get her a my little pony pinata. i cant afford all of that so im gonna ask her daddy to help me pay for it, which i dont see as a big deal, thats her dad, he should help, i shouldnt have to do it all myself. but now that i have that ready to go, i dont know what to serve to eat? Im having a cake made by a woman that lives near me named janet, but other than than im stuck, anyone with some help for me would make my day!

OliviasMommy06

Asked by OliviasMommy06 at 4:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• Sloppy joes, hamburgers, taco saladn hot dogs, maskchelie(sry bad speller) the noodle things with meat sauce, itian beef or itian meatballs. U could do kool-aid for the kids and tea or pop 4 the adults. Chips and dip. Buy a choc. Warmer and get fresh fruits top drip in the choc. I just did my daughters 3rd !day party in july. what I have listed is stuff that we have used for all 3 bdays at some time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We are having pizza, home made wings, fruit salad, toss salad, chips and dip. Not sure what else, but our dds birthday isnt until November either.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:01 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Hot dogs, Mac n cheese, or maybe some digorno pizzas there like 5 dollars a piece at walmart.
    Its a kids party so yyou could get away with that!!!!!!
    To save some money on decor don't buy my little pony plates napkins or cups the actual decorations will be good enough. Maybe give the b day girl her own special cup and the big white no frills kind are alot easier to write names on for the other little kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You are spending how much money on paper goods that will go in the trash! Let me gve you a little hint, the solid color stuff is much higher quality paper than the printed stuff. Buy a few key items with your pony print. Then pick a matching solid color for everything else especially the napkins. Printed napkins are always crap. Example buy the pony cups but plain plates and napkins because you can't see the pony when the food is on the plate. There is really no reason to go nuts. Do the pinata. That will be memorable. The rest of it is just background noise.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I normally serve pizza and veggie trays with dipp, chips and dipps also cheese and crackers.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• fruit and veggie trays are always a hit at my house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Depends on the time of day...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• For my kids birthdays I have done the following: make your own subs, grilled hotdogs/hamburgers/brats, one time I made chili, and just this last month we did BBQ (sloppy joe) sandwiches. I usually have chips, potato salad, fruit and dip, veggies and dip, for sides...
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2009