what do you do when you can't sleep at night?

mrsjonzy

Asked by mrsjonzy at 5:58 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I normally just give up, start reading, and as soon as you do stop trying to sleep it's inevitable that you'll end up getting ridiculously sleepy. Well works for me anyway. Well on the rare occasions one of the kids doesn't come to me just as I'm almost asleep!
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 6:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• lol cafemom of corse... addicting. lets rename it to caffeinemom lolol
    burr_and_e

Answer by burr_and_e at 7:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I stay in my bed and read. If I do that, I will usually doze back off at some point. If I get up and start doing other things, I will never get back to sleep.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It depends on if my dh is home or not. If he is, I usually read (it doesn't bother him if I turn on a small light to read by). Or, if he's gone / deployed, I will either read, get up and clean, poke around on the internet (lol - cafemom is one spot I go to), work out, etc. Sometimes I'll call one of my friends - some of them are pretty far away, so the time zone difference can be an issue when it comes to phone calls otherwise.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I turn on the tv and let the sound of talking soothe me back to sleep.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i eaither watch tv. ( forensic files ) the narrarators voice as so drawn he puts me to sleep lol or i get on cafemom and fart around till i get tired and try to go back to bed again.. i have also tried warm milk mixed with honey or vinilla flavor..and sometimes my dh is sweet and feels bad he will rub my bum ( just a nice rub not sexual ) till i relaxe enough to roll over and fall asleep..even a nice light scrach its really nice and helps.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i watch forensic files! i have fallen asleep to this show for several years. it is relaxing and the narration is soothing. it holds my attention enough to be able to block out all the things from my day. if i dont watch it i will lay awake for hours. once i have it on i am sleeping like a baby within 20 minutes. of course i never get to see the outcome of the shows tho :(
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 8:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• quoting tabbys4
    "i eaither watch tv. ( forensic files ) the narrarators voice as so drawn he puts me to sleep lol or i get on cafemom and fart around till i get tired and try to go back to bed again.. i have also tried warm milk mixed with honey or vinilla flavor..and sometimes my dh is sweet and feels bad he will rub my bum ( just a nice rub not sexual ) till i relaxe enough to roll over and fall asleep..even a nice light scrach its really nice and helps. "

oh my goodness! i just saw this!! i thought i was the only wierdo who watches forensic files to fall asleep. we should totally get a room together!
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 8:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I will find the most boring show on TV and just hope that it works. I'll also try a vicondin
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009