whats a good fiber food for kids...

my son needs more fiber (he's been "pluged" up tight for a week and doc said more fiber ) she said fiber one ceral, and strawberries but what else?? need ideas for lunch and dinner for him that has decent amont of fiber. i need to get him to do his bussiness im really worried...he also has to take miralex once a day with juice.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 7:57 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use fiber one yogurt mixed with banana's. I can't think of anything for lunch or dinner though, make sure he drinking a lot of water, that helps.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:07 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Apples, Prunes
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My DD has constipation problems and eats tons of fruit and veggies. I give her 6 oz of prune juice a day and this is the only thing that has kept her regular. If we have a day she won't drink her prune juice, she gets really stopped up.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh, the doctor put my DD on Miralax too (we was only 16 months), but when I got her to drink the prune juice I never had to use the Miralax again. Just don't give Miralax on the same day you give prune juice or you'll have a big mess on your hands.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oatmeal too. I made the mistake of giving my baby a whole jar of prunes with oatmeal. Ooooooh, buddy, did we have the poopy diapers that day.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Like the PP's have said..PRUNES! Does the trick better than you think it will...lol!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my DD just had a constipation episode (her fav food is cheese) and we used prunes. i gave her a sippy cup full of prune juice & she pooped twice in an hour. it took about 30 mins to work.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• brocoli (sp) is good, my son got put on miralax too, it helped a lot. Apple juice certin breads fiber enritched pastas
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 9:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009