vaccinations

so i gave my DD her 3 and 6 month ones but im scared of the rest at 12 month and that, how can i tell her pedi i wont be doing anymore shots from here on out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just be straight forward, say you've decided against vaccinating, that's that and you won't discuss it further. If you are asked to sign something because you won't vaccinate read it carefully, if it sounds like it incriminates you (such as saying you acknowledge you are putting your child at risk by not vaccinating) do not sign it, you can always scribble out what you don't agree with or write up your own.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If you have researched the topic to death and know your information forward and backwards. Then you shouldn't have any problem being armed with your beliefs.

If you cant do this, then you need to research your decision more. You cant make a decision like this based on fear or just wanting not to. It needs to be highly studied.

I would also suggest that if this is the path you choose, that you search for a Dr who is supportive and helpful, not condemning about your decision. Which will be fairly hard, most Dr's push vaccines HARD.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Just tell them you want to delay/hold off on the vaccines for now. There are so many parents doing this, I'm sure they've heard it before.

Answer by missanc at 8:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Just tell him and if he wants to pressure you into getting them, be ready to find a new doctor. We are delaying vaccines for our kids and I LOVE our family doctor. However if he had pressured me I had already decided I would need to find someone else. He isn't real excited about the idea of delaying, but he is completely willling for that to be my decision!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Why on earth are you scared to death of shots now?

You're obviously not armed with good information or you'd be able to stand up for your convictions to the pediatrician.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• always has to be one rude type of a response to any post doesn't there and i am armed but i like my pedi and i try to avoid drama if needed but thanks for the rude answer anon move on with your lil life insulting others
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Um just tell him
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• thank you to all those that had good answers and the other 2 well shame on you for being unhelpful mommies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2009