how do you single moms do it?

im a very young mom and i was just wondering how you handle having a child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• by not having one as a teen. gee tough concept there huh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• im married now but i was a single mom to a 3 yr old at one time and it is hard between dd's school and me going to classes and never having me time always dealing with dd and no help.. its hard. stay strong it will get better it may take sometime but it will all work out..now again i am married BUT my dh works long hours and i have my dd and a 3 yr old son and at time i have his 2 dds here and hes working its me dealing with 4 kids a house errands cooking cleaning..i have told dh i am like a single mom because he comes home and kids are in bed already..they get up hes at work already. diffrence is hes snoring next to me at night. so it is hard and stressful and tireing.. just stay strong and know when to just breath.....xoxo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:22 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm married now but I had my first baby at 15 when I was alone, and I would love to give you some help and advice if you want it. If you want to message me I wouldn't mind. I think the key to it is to not panic and to just keep going, even if you don't think you can, remember you'll make it through. I didn't even have a family around and I somehow did it. Good Luck to you. Message me if you ever need.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 8:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• she said she was a young mum not a teen mum.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 9:20 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i have no idea. i thank god every day the father of my child dedicated his life to me and the baby from the instant i became pregnant. it could have been much worse. he didnt have to stay with me. but he did. we are now married, he got a good job to provide for us, he is the best dad ever and i love him. things could have been so different. had i become pregnant and then left to care for myself and the baby i would be a very different person today. he saved my life.
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 9:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i was a single mom from the time i told my then husband i was pg. After if kicked his cheating, lying ass to the curb, my son and i did just fine. I raised my son for the first 4 years before remarring. It was easier than being married to an adult that i had to pick up after, cook for, and work, while he spent $. While single, i paid off all debts, got in the best physical shape of my life, had more time with my son, etc...the key to it was to be organized and time management. I took my son with me shopping (he liked to hold the list and find things, it was time spent together doing an activity). I worked out, paid bills, cleaned, while he napped, or after he went to bed. We did inexpensive, but fun things like going to the park & feeding ducks or having playdates so i can too socialize with adults. I'm not saying being a single mom is easy, but it's what you make it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

^^^YOU ARE AN IDIOT!^^^

Anyway. Im not a single mom but I almost was. All I have to say is, if you need help ask for it, find support whether it be family, friends, church, anything. Get playdates and have some adult interactions. Best of luck to you.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am a single mom not by choice I had told the father of my daughter I was pregnant and he wanted to be with me and help me take care of our daughter then a couple months while I was pregnant and he hadnt called me in a long time and he told me he moved on and everything I havent talked to him since he didnt even try calling me when I had our daughter I am in Texas and I met him when I lived in Iowa and he is still there I guess anyway I told him he could come to Texas and Stay with me and stuff and he said he didnt wanna so I told him whatever so this month I havent talked to him in a whole year my daughter is 9 months old and we are doing fine without him he is the one who is missingout on our daughter growing up but I love being A mommy and in the future I hope I will meet mr right and btw i am a young mother not a teen lol
    zoeysmommy09

Answer by zoeysmommy09 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Magic. Determination. And those black hole things from Loony Tunes. You slap one on the wall you hit and keep going. And you take all the help you can get. Don't be too proud to ask for help.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2009