what do you think?..

my mother was misdiagnosed 2 times and suffered with her actual problem for 2 months. the damn doctor who looked at her the first time said it was one thing, then she was taken to the er and was told it wasn't that it was something else, then they recommended a surgeon to do the surgery. the surgeon prescribed her some medication THAT SHE DIDNOT NEED. now the medicine he gave her makes you have nausea and vomit. well her real problem made her throw up as well so she went from a very healthy 132 to a pitiful 106. she was finally diagnosed yesturday morning with her actual problem which took only about a few hours and was done. my question is do we have enough on them to take them to court? oh and the "medication" they had her on also made her low in potassium and she could have had a heart attack.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Health

• I think ...uh huh, happens every day. It's highly unfortunate - but two out of three doctors often have different diagnosis' for the same symptoms. I went FIVE years bleeding into my brain while doctor after doctor told me nothing was wrong - then I had a stroke. Whatcha gonna do except continue to interview doctors until you get the one you trust.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I dont see a lawsuit in your future. sorry.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Really hard to know what the problem is without knowing what the misdiagnoses were, as well as the right diagnosis is.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2009