When do you get to hear the heartbeat?

I am 7 weeks along and I have my first doctors appt on Thursday..I will be 7 w 4 days then...when do you get to hear the heartbeat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didnt hear the heartbeat till i think 10 week.. 10 or 12
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It has to be at least 10 weeks. My doctor wouldn't even make my appointment until I was at least 10 weeks so I could hear the heartbeat.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It depends on your doctor, my doctor did an ultrasound with me on my first visit at 6 weeks and we saw the heartbeat. But I have had a miscarriage and a risky pregnancy, so they may have done it for this reason. Every doctor is different. I think typically you listen at 10-12 weeks depending on how your appointments fall! Good luck.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You can see the heartbeat through an ulrasound now. They will most likely do one. I went at 8weeks 2days and they did an ultrasouns - we got to see and hear the heartbeat. But usually you have to be 10 weeks for the heartbeat to be detected with the doppler.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I heard it at 6 weeks, which is really early. So you may be able to. Good Luck. It is so amazing to hear.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I heard mine at 9 weeks with the ultrasound and 10 weeks with the hand held doppler thing.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 11:15 AM on Sep. 1, 2009