Fostering....(I didn't know where else to put this question)PIOG

I'm seriously considering becoming a foster parent. I'm single with no biological children, just my stepdaughter who still stays with me every other weekend even though her dad and I are divorcing. I have wanted to foster for a long time, but never had the room when we were married. Now I have a 2 bed room apartment, I have the room, my question is, h0w do I go about getting it started? Will they turn me down because I'm not married? Any info on the subject would be greatly apprecieated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry i don't have any information on it.There is an adoption section above kids health.You would probably get more helpful info. there.Goodluck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I don't think you will be turned down for being single. My parents fostered for years. You say you have no biological children and that is good. It sucked eggs having foster kids, as the biological child of my parents. It's not a good mix. I think you can contact your local social services and they'll dance a jig hearing from someone who wants to be a foster parent rather than someone who needs a foster parent. Good luck and enjoy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009