Is it a healthy for the baby?

Is it normal to be a small figure person (125lbs) and carry full-term small and still have a healthy baby? When I got pregnant I weighted 124 and Im 8mths now & im only 144. I've seen small women who has the cutest little stomach but Im just a little concerned because I gained like 35lbs with my 1st child. My mom is small and carried small with both her children but I just got that fear in the back of my mine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As long as you are eating right. Your weight shouldn't be an issue. If your doctor is not worried, you shouldn't be worried.

Answer by louise2 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Uh if your doctor isn't worried, then you shouldn't be either. Why are you worried
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I know a lady who is barely 100lbs. She is very petite, and she carried full term and had a healthy delivery! You can do it.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i only weighed 100 pounds when i got pregnant (i was sooo tiny). i carried him until i was induced at 39 weeks. he was born weighing 6 lbs. 13 ozs. perfectly healthy. my ending weight was 130. :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• With my first child i only weighed 88pds,gained 35pds and had a healthy 6pd 5oz baby boy.With my second i started at 92pds gained 30 and had a healthy 7pd 2oz baby girl.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 20 pounds is healthy weight gain. You still have 1 month to go and in that last month you should gain a pound a week. So, if you went full term you'd have a 24 weight gain and 25 to 30 pounds is ideal for a full term pregnancy. I wouldn't be concerned at all unless you had a 15 pound or less weight gain.

Most of us that gain more than that are just retaining a lot of water. I'm a little less than 6 months pregnant and have already gained 20 pounds, but I retain a lot of water when I'm pregnant. My doctor estimates that about 12 pounds of my weight gain is just water. I put on 35 pounds of pure water during my first pregnancy (had a 60 pound total weight gain).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i had a neighbor with an eating disorder...she was a walking skeleton..the ONLY time she looked healthy was when she was pregnant...she carried both her kids to full term and both were healthy...no matter what you weigh or look like your body knows what is needed..trust your body!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• you wanna thank your self lucky hunni like everyone sed if your doctor aint worried then you should not worry you self either iv put on 3stone while pregnant an the weight is not very nice wish i only put 20lbs on gl x
    molyneux88

Answer by molyneux88 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It really boggles my mind how people can just believe body size has anything to do with anything. Does that mean than a big obese woman can have babies better. Nooooooooooo. It's all in your internal health. I have seen woman weighing less than 100 pounds and about 5 feet tall or 4' 10" have triplets and not with fertility treatments either. Naturally.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 9:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i weighed 121 and now i am 36 weeks and weigh 141...and my dr. is fine with that...she said for a while they were worried because up until about 2 weeks ago i had only gained 10 pounds, but then all of a sudden i packed a few more on ;) talk with your doctor!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2009