I bought this laundry soap and....

It has no smell. I want my clothes to smell good what is a good smelling fabric softener I can use with it? I bought the walmart brand lst it smelled good in the bottle but, no smell on the clothes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It's not enough for your cloths to just smell clean? Personally if all laundry soap had no smell it would be ok with me. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i think the febreeze brand smells VERY nice!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Um... Maybe buy some dryer sheets?

My clothes usually never smell anything except clean after washing them unless I use a dryer sheet.
    But then again I have never been concerned with how my clothes smell (as long as they are clean).

Also keep in mind once you've been using a certain scent for some time you become used to it so it isn't very strong to you whereas others will probably be able to smell it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Usually we can't smell scents that are on us, but others can smell them as we walk by, so maybe that is the problem. Also, some scents are activated by body heat, so maybe you won't be able to smell the scent until you've got the clothes on and they've been warmed up by contact with your skin?

Honestly, though, why have clothes that smell like something other than just clean? I mean, if you use a scented deodorant, scented shampoo, scented soap, plus maybe some type of perfume or cologne, all those scents may not mix well and really create a stink. Even just two of them together may not be a good match.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I use the 7 signs of Tide and I don't have to use fabric softener in the wash because it smells so good. I usually put a lot on it when I wash my towels but I prefer it without now. I do use regular fabric softner sheets though. But I can attest to tide. It's more expensive but I love the smell so it's worth it to me.
    runnyvenom

Answer by runnyvenom at 2:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Use downy fabric softener. I also use Tide with downy in the detergent, along with the Downy fabric softener. I am addicted to good-smelling laundry. I just love it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I the the gain expressions... It's not too expensive, but your clothes smell great.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 4:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• theres this fabric softener that i really like called suavitel, i found it at the supermarket. it smells fantastic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2009