Do you know about the Kucinich amendment?

From Dennis Kucinich's Facebook page:

Kucinich Amendment to Health Care Bill Passes!
Share
Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 2:10am
Dear Friends,

With your support, your phone calls, your emails, we won a major legislative victory today for a state single payer health care option in the House of Representatives in Washington, DC. The House Education and Labor Committee approved the Kucinich Amendment by a vote of 27-19, with 14 Democrats and 13 Republicans voting yes.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The amendment propels the growing single payer health care movement at the state level. There are at least ten states which have active single payer efforts in their legislatures. They are California, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington. The amendment mandates a single payer state will receive the right to waive the application of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), which has in the past been used to nullify efforts to expand state or local government health care.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:25 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• As if most of us did not know what these dirty rotten scoundrels were up to..all the while they scream at conservatives calling them SELFISH and RACIST..I have had it with thwe liberals truely had it
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Wow, I guess you've really had it then.
    You lost, get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh a cowardly liberal who wont use her name while posting garbage..imagine that
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

What is the selfish and racist reference in reguards to? Who called anyone racist as it pertains to health care?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Sweet its went on for months and months..'selfish' is even being thrown around at town halls by lib reps.I am past sick of it and if I hear it at a town hall I wont hold back.Some libs a re damn hell bent on destroying this country all for their precious 'free' healthcare.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:56 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Leave then. You told us to leave during the GWB admin, start packing your bags and head north. You are part of the problem, not the solution with your day in and day out hatred. You want "your" country back, I get it..The black man scares you Tennessee folk, but let us "liberal" or "progressive" people start thinking about the future instead of remaining in the 1960s.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

We don't want FREE we want affordable for everyone. Your complaining about being called selfish at townhalls? You aren't being called nazi's.....You can be ok with THAT type of talk and yet being called selfish makes your blood boil?? Come one, which side is doing the horrible name calling? Death Panel, nazi's....please

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Actually, I'm a sensible conservative anon and let me remind you, you lost get over it now that you have truely had it with liberals. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The black man scares you Tennessee folk, but let us "liberal" or "progressive" people start thinking about the future instead of remaining in the 1960s.

Sorry many of us don't need or want the Government to take care of us we are capable of doing that ourselves. Why don't you leave and go where they do have gov run health care? I realize it is hard for your tiny brain to comprehend but not liking this administration does not mean people are racist. If this plan was about health care reform I would be all for it. There would be tort reform and they would concentrate on helping those that don't have insurance and not try to blow up what does work for the majority. This is about power and greed (those politicians will make millions on this plan). If you Liberals were about helping people you would do it yourself instead of mandating government does it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2009