Fire safe cigarettes? Any smokers noticed this?

If FSC is printed on your pack of cigs, I'm sure you've noticed that if you don't hit your cig it self extinguishes. When you light it again, it taste like monkeydoo. While this new law that went in effect is good for some,(if your my pill addicted MIL that falls asleep with a cig in her hand eventually burning her fingers, blankets and whatever else she's wrapped up in or sleeping on) it really pisses me off. Why are the rest of us punished for others irresponsible actions?

Since this law was passed I have cut down smoking a lot, but still go through the same amount of cigs a day. If my cig goes out, I'll ditch it and light a new one because re-lighting it taste like monkeydoo.

I've been searching without success to find the new ingredients of this fire safe cigarette. WTH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL Yeah I have noticed that! It sucks! I have tried quitting 14 times(and counting LOL) so this is yet ANOTHER reason to help me! LOl So far though, I just suck up the monkey doo taste and smoke anyways...
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• http://www.yumasun.com/articles/cigarette-51823-cigarettes-new.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• awwww thats just so sad that you dont want to smoke anymore... awwwwwww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• How exactly do you know what monkeydoo tastes like and why don't you just quit?
    Anonymous

• Because it's just oh so easy right? Oh...let me just go throw my cigarettes out now because you said to. C'mon now....no need to berate the woman. Yes, I have noticed this to...it actually started like 2 months ago here and it sucks.I like to smoke my cigarette slowly...actually 1/2 of it would usually burn away before I actually hit it...now I HAVE to hit every 10 seconds or it goes out. So I think its making me smoke more!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• awww.....how cute. anons are being cockfussers this morning.

Quitting isn't easy while the rest of your family smokes and you can't change their ways or seclude yourself from them.

Go play in traffic
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I talked to an American Spirit promotional guy at Sams Club. I asked the same question and he stated the there are three different places in a cigarette that they put a STARCH. He stated it is to prevent people falling asleep and catching their house on fire. I didn't know that was such a problem that the gov. needs to spend money on this.

But check this out I asked the guy if he was giving free samples and he said it's a law that they cannot give free samples. BUT he said to follow him out to his car. I did and he gave me 4 free packs of cigs. Yeah!
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My sister smokes, and she's upset because if she moves up here from Georgia to Pennsylvania, she's gonna quit because, like you said, "The fire safe cigarettes taste like ass." Lol. She feels so bad for my SO, who smokes, that she actually sends him cigarettes from down there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009