On an average, how many times a month do you and your family eat out?

I ask because Paul, my husband, doesn't think we eat out all that much and I say we eat out too much. We eat out just about every weekend either from doing errands or soccer and martial arts. I am starting to make things for easy eating but Paul has a habit of saying, "Let's just get something to eat while we are out."

MyGirlParadise

Asked by MyGirlParadise at 9:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I try not to eat out at all during the week, but I only live a minute from work so I can go home and eat. On the weekends if we are out running around we usually try to do something cheap like Taco Bell or something. On occasion, I would say once a month, we will do something like a steakhouse, it's really saved me money though.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Usually once a week but sometimes more. Depends on how much extra money we have. Now that the older 3 kids are in school it's cheaper to eat out during the day. We take our 3yo and sometimes have breakfast out twice a week (on hubby's days off) or take her to lunch a couple times. We're going to Golden Corral later today (she eats for free so it's cheap).
    We've been eating out almost once a week since the kids were born. There are times we can't afford it and skip a week or two but we go out at least once a month.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Well, we generally eat out Sunday nights as a family - on the weekends my kids are at their dad they're supposed to be home at 5, but we never know whether they will have eaten or not. So, rather than not planning, or planning and them having already eaten, we just made that our "out to eat" night. Also, the kids school does "out to eat" nights where the school gets a % of the sales from the ppl that come there to eat from their school - so we always participate in those. So - 5-6 times/month as a family. And then my dh and I developed a really bad habit of eating out when my kids were at their dads, at least until my youngest was born. So he and I will eat out a couple of additional times/month when we only have the baby at home with us.

Answer by missanc at 10:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh geez we eat out at least 2 to 3 times a week.. I know this is bad and we could save so much $$ by eating at home but we are currently stationed in Japan and the food is just so GOOD!
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 10:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We eat out maybe once a month. DH and I are both really good cooks and we can make better food than most of the restaurants around here for a fraction of the price. None of us really like fast food.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We hardly ever eat out, fast food or sit down. Once a month maybe, if that. We're just too cheap to pay for it. =)
    jackiesmom72

Answer by jackiesmom72 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• ONCE A MONTH...WE LOVE TO COOK AND FAST FOOD PLACES ARE KINDA FAR FROM WERE WE LIVE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We go out 4-5 times a month, usually on weekends. I'm a terrible cook and my family deserves good food sometimes.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We eat out four or five times a week, but I think it's horrible. We waste so much money doing it.
    Syra3.14159

Answer by Syra3.14159 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We started off eating out maybe two or three times a week. Now that I've settled into the swing of things, I'd say we eat out about 3 or 4 times a month. If that..
    gruntwife0331

Answer by gruntwife0331 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2009