what do u do at the WIC nutrition class?

and how long is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not that long. Maybe 30 at the most. They just talk to you about what and when and when not to feed your child something. They will talk about the benifits of breastfeeding. When you should start solids, when you should take your baby off the bottle. Exactly what it sounds like - they talk about nutrition. And then they give you a chance to ask questions and hand out things at the end. It's not as bad as people say...
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• TOTALLY worth going with everything you get from WIC. I am 9 months pregnant and have only attended one class. Any other time was just a scheduled day and time to come pick up my vouchers. I don't think there will be another class until after my son is born. Then you do have to take your baby with you which is what most women have a problem with, having their child - that young exposed to other kids.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• is it required to go to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes. You have to attend in order to receive and continue getting WIC. My sister in law refused to take my neice with her and even brought a doctor's excuse and went but didn't bring the baby and the took her off it.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• well everytime i go the just pop in a video.and then talk to me for a few mts and done. and yes you ahve to go is a requirment to stay on the program
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2009