When is a good age to start potty training? My son just turned 1 a couple weeks ago.

He is really advanced for his age. I think he can tell when he is goin to the bathroom too cause he stops and looks down. He is constantly taking his diaper off as well. Is this too early to start?

rustyns08mommy

Asked by rustyns08mommy at 10:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I waited until the children were dry at night, then it was quick and easy to train them. But they both had just turned three.

Answer by Bmat at 10:07 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Go for it!!! People all across the world potty train their kids years before we do in the STates. I started my first born at 1 and my 3rd at 9 months!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• when they are ready. you dotn want to start to early cuz itwill take alot longer. my dd was ready around 20 mts and she was potty train by 24 mts.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:55 AM on Sep. 1, 2009