Is this being gifted?

It might not mean anything but for some reason I can remember birthdays I can meet someone and find out their birthday and I'll remember I guess it depends on what kind of impact they had on me even people I don't talk to anymore, family or course I might not remember that very day but I will be thinking of that person for their b/day. Sometimes I'll call or just think of them and wish them a HB/day.

If you asked me whose b/day is coming up or give me a name... I can tell you if I remember but about 98% of the time I am correct. I just tell myself why wasn't I like this in school? What is it?
I can remember phone numbers too...but not that great in math....I don't get it. :(

What do you make of it? I know probably nothing...:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It sounds as though you have a gift in this skill! I am just the opposite. I can't remember names or dates.

My husband and older son can drive someplace once and know how to get there forever. But I and my younger son get lost in our home town. Different people have different skills and gifts. Yours is very useful!

Answer by Bmat at 10:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• THIS IS SUCH A STUPID QUESTION
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I don't know about being gifted but it is handy to have that skill. One of my friends is like that. She can remember any phone number you tell her and she doesn't have to write it down. Even if it is one she's never heard before and probably will never use again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I don't know if it would necessarily classify you as "gifted" but it's a very useful gift! I'm the same way, though. My brother and I were talking to my mom a few months ago about us remembering our address and phone number from both the places we lived in Virginia. We were 11 and 12 when we moved away from there, and it's now been 20 years ago! It's totally useless information at this point, but we just can't seem to forget it!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 11:41 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• No offense...but naw...that's just a very good memory.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• thats not being gifted. i know b/c i am the same way. it has something to do with our memories. ive lived in 15 different houses in my life, yet i remember the addresses & how to get to them & how they were set up. i also have the b-day "gift". i can also remember the dates of a buncha random history. it rarely comes in handy...but it makes my friends & family feel good haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm really good with names. Used to be good with phone numbers, not so much anymore. My husband is great for remembering phones numbers and license plates which has actually really come in handy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009