Do you think some dreams mean something? (perferable the good/happy dreams...lol)

I have dreamt about past bf's and my MIL from my first marriage...I miss her so much. I don't care to much about the bf's but it's more like hi bye thing just hanging out...but my ex mil it's like she visits for a while :(

I guess subconsciously we go to sleep thinking of someone and there you go there is the dream...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think that dreams show what will happen in the future. I do think that they show what we have seen or thought about or heard about. If they clarify something, it is because we've had time during sleep to think about the event or to put together different solutions.

Answer by Bmat at 10:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i think your brain processes what it thought about that day and spits it out jumbled into the weirdness of dreams... i have drempt (sp?) stuff that did happen, i guess i knew it was going to happen. my dreams seem more to be metaphores for what i am thinking, wether i wanna deal with them or not.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:15 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• No, I think it's just all about what's on your mind. For example, my junior year in high school I had just started working at Pizza Hut and a girl in my class just found out she was pregnant. One night I had a dream I was pregnant and when I had the baby the doctor announced "It's a large! What toppings would you like?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think dreams show what is bothering us, or whatever, but they aren't prophetic.
    I once had a HORRIBLE nightmare where every single phobia of mine, except clowns, was present. I thought it was just a scary dream but when I went to my fave online dream dictionary, it turned out my dream showed me what I was really stressed over, like money, marriage, yadda yadda.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009