Constipated. *(please help)

I am 38 weeks pregnant. I have been constipated almost a week now. I took 4 stool softners yesterday and 2 today and still havent gone. Last time this happened I took 2 and 4 hours later it worked. It is starting to make me cramp really bad now. I'm VERY uncomfortable. Beside drinking alot of water - what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sit on the toilet and wait. You should have drank some prune juice.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Try walking....this actaully helps get things moving. Also, beef up on veggies, fruit and water. If you dont get releif soon, call the doc.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Have you tried Colace? I was constipated with my son and doctor prescribed them...they're over the counter now... I went from constipation to the runs so use it sparingly...lol
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Eat some dried fruit. Prunes, apricots, raisins, figs, etc. are fantastic, and I think they taste great, too. I always wrinkled my nose at the idea of prunes, but then I finally tried one and was hooked. I'll eat one instead of having my old chocolate fix, they're so sweet!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 10:54 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If you like yogurt, there is some stuff called kefir (sounds like ke-fear) It's a drinking yogurt that always works for me. It's the pro-biotics in it. You've seen the commercials with Jamie Lee Curtis? Yep, same principle, I either drink it straight or else mix it with my soy milk on my cereal. Comes in a bunch of different flavors.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2009