flu shot?

2 questions

1) are go getting your infant/toddler the flu shot. Why or why not?

2) are you getting your infant /toddler the swine flu shot. Why or why not?

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My kids aren't toddlers but they have been getting the flu shot for the last few years, with exception of last year. My kids got the flu 3 years in a row so I started getting them the flu shot. They are not getting the swine flu shot, it's too new
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:45 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 1.) No because I don't give any vax's to begin with, but even before I made this decision, we never gave the flu shot. I haven't had the flu since I was about 7 or 8, and my kids (6, 4 and 13 months) have never had it.

2.) No, because my kids aren't guinea pigs. They don't know how people are going to react to this vaccine, or even what the adverse reactions are. I'm not wagering my kids' lives for something that's no worse than the regular flu.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes and yes. Three of the 5 of us in the family have asthma. Any measure of added protection...we'll do it. Until the little ones were diagnosed with asthma, none of us received the flu shot. Now, with two little asthmatics and two in school...they're getting the shots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 1. Yes. 2. Depends on what the doc says. Actually, both really depend on what the doc says. My hubby got the flu one year and now gets the shot each year. If nothing else, it helps ease the suffering a bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 1) are go getting your infant/toddler the flu shot. Why or why not?
    Yes, my son is severely asthmatic and has chronic bronchitis so anything I can do to protect him and to keep the flu out of our house, I will. My DD got it for the first time when she was 6 months and my son got it at 12 months (would have got it sooner but our office doesnt give it til Oct and thats when his bday is)

No because they have both culture tested positive for H1N1 already so their bodies have build natural anti-bodies against it. Had they not had it, yes... I would have gotten it for them
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 1. no, my kids have never gotten a flu shot. I think it is just a guessing game and nobody knows for sure what strands of flu will be going around. My 3 boys have never had the flu.
    2. The swine flu shot is way to new and my kids are not guine pigs. They have not even finished collecting data on that shot yet. Its too risky for me and the boys.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• no and no. the flu vaccine contains harmful ingredients... formaldehyde for example, and some of them still contain mercury. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf
    the swine flu vaccine is WAY TOO NEW. if i did vaccinate, i wouldn't do this one. research what happened during the swine flu outbreak in the 70's. SO many vaccine injuries. pass!
    good luck.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i should also add that when i was a vaccinating mother, my daughter got the flu shot and she ended up hospitilized from dehydration from the flu. with my 2nd daughter, she had never recieved a vaccine in her life. at 7 months old, she got the flu type b. the dr. said she wouldn't make it. 3 days later at the checkup, when i told him that she only had a mild fever throughout the whole thing and was actually her smiley self, he never said another word about vaccines to me. i'm convinced that she did so well because she had never had a vaccine to depress her immune system.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• no & no.

I've known too many people that have gotten the flu so bad after the shot that they've ended up in the hospital for weeks.
    When I was a child I had the flour 3-4 times per year. I don't ever get it now. Haven't had it since I was 10.

The swine flu is no bigger threat than the regular flu.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Watch this video and take your own conclusions......I have a deeper study done by Robert Kennedy Jr with proof of all the ref. letters drom/to FDA and the Vaccine Makers...if you want to read after watching this video, just let me know I email it to you.
    http://mvvic.org/component/option,com_seyret/Itemid,4/id,9/task,videodirectlink/
    Taniaengel

Answer by Taniaengel at 8:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009