King Darius of the Bible and Cyrus the Great (Cyrus II)

I am doing research on a paper for my World History class, and I wanted some insight from some of you that might know a little more about it than I do, LOL.

Darius in the bible was referred to as Darius the Mede. However, according to what I've found out, there is no record of Darius the Mede every having ruled Palistine. There IS however, Cyrus II (aka Cyrus the Great). What I read was that scholars believe that Darius the Mede COULD be Cyrus the Great. Now, this theory would make sense, because the time frame of the two rulers coinsides. BUT it DOESN'T make sense, b/c Cyrus the Great FOUGHT the Medes and conquered them! So, why would Cyrus fight the Medes if he was one of them??

Does anyone have any insight on this? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, y'all!

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you have access to Lexus Nexus for school? There's a book I used for one of my papers and that sound very familiar, but I'll have to dig out my old notes and if it's in there, my link for it will be through LN.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Lexus Nexus . . . no, but I will look that up!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009