entertaining a 10 month old

I am fortunate enough to only work 3 days a week and be able to spend the other 4 with my 10month old son. We both get bored, by 3 or 4 i run out of things to do with him and count down the hours til bath/bed time. Does anyone else feel this way- that the days are sometimes long and tedious? What do you do to make the most out of them and enjoy them ? thanks!!

newmommyrn

Asked by newmommyrn at 10:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Obviously no one knows because they have the same problem! Lol. My son is 10 months also but i work 5 days a week, but i definetely know what you mean. I take my son to Little Gym once a week, gives him other babies to play with and me some adult interactions. On weekends I take him to the zoo or the park. He loves just being outside or swimming. Or take him to the mall or a sports game in town. My son loves to watch my DH play football (future quarterback??)

Try those things, but I would highly suggest the Little Gym or Gymboree, its a lot of fun!!
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• when it gets to be that time in the afternoon on a nice day i'll gather up some pots and pans, a ladle, and a jug of water, go outside pour some water in the pans and let him go to town while I lay next to him and read a book or something.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm a stay at home mom, and we try and get out of the house! Go on a walk, if it is warm fill up a baby pool or like the other mom said, pots/pans/tupperware filled with water are fun! Yes, look around for a local indoor playground. Some parks have baby swings as well.

Wrapping paper tubes have been our recent fun "toy" discovery :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 12:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm a SAHM to a 9 month old - we go for long walks, play in his little inflatable pool in the back, go to the neighborhood pool, playground (he can't do much yet, but he loves to swing and watch), and I plan one "outing" a day just to make sure we both get out of the house. Mondays are library day - our library has a baby lapsit time on Mondays for babies up to toddlers where they do finger plays, short songs, and a very short story; after they finish they bring out some toys and let the toddlers play while moms socialize. Sometimes we go to Target, the grocery store, out to lunch, window shopping at the mall. Our City has a Parks and Rec department and they have some mommy and me classes also. (And it helps I have 3 older kids who come home from school around 4 and entertain him the rest of the night!)

Answer by missanc at 1:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009