HOW DO I GET OFF THIS?

I HAVE BEEN TAKING LORTABS, AND MORPHINE FOR MY BACK PAIN. THE DR HASN'T BEEN GIVING ME ANY PAIN MEDS, BUT I HAVE STILL BEEN TAKING THE MEDS. FROM OTHER PEOPLE. I HAVE TRIED TO STOP, BUT I JUST HURT ALL OVER. HOW CAN I SAFELY DETOX MYSELF OFF THESE MEDS? PLEASE NO BASHING I'M ASKING FOR HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Health

• You will probably need some help doing so...call the local detox center and see what they can recommend...have you told your family? They need to know so that they can help you also. Good for you for realizing that you have a problem. Hugs cause it's gonna be a long road.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I agree with that previous poster. I'm glad that you recognize that it is a problem, but you will most defiantely need help to overcome the addiction to the meds. Talk to you family (and close friends, if you feel comfotable), then either make an appointment to discuss it with your doctor to get a referal, or look up your local outpatient rehab center. I have a good friend who spent 2 years addicted to pain meds, and was "embarrassed" to go to a meth clinic for help, but eventually went. After a year of treatments, she's been clean for almost a year and is doing sooo much better.
    Good luck, and lots of hugs and support!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 11:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2009