I need good recipes for a crowd...

We're having a block party on my street soon and I'm expecting a lot of people. Does anyone have any good recipes for sides that will feed a lot of people and can be made the day before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Spaghetti, potatoe saled.

Answer by louise2 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Baked Ziti, red beans and rice, pasta salad, fruit salad, zuchinni muffins, deviled eggs (I add smoked salmon sometimes to mine for extra fanciness), veggie platter, fruit platter, cheese plater, antipasto,....gosh now I am hungry!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• What's the main dish?? I know a lot of sides, but they don't all go with EVERYTHING.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• ususally for a block party everyone who comes brings something, i find it odd htat you should supply ALL food, but in any case, i could buy hamburger, and buns and have condiments available, and of course someone who can bbq. I have a great recipe for spaghetti salad that can feed a zillion people, bake something sweet like brownies and that can be done the day before.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 3:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Let me know if you would like recipes: pasta salad, quinoa and bean salad, bean dip with chips and veggies, hummus with pita chips and veggies, peanut noodles, lentil sloppy joes, fatoush (a Middle Eastern salad)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009