HELP I'M ADDICTED TO...

I HAVE BEEN TAKING LORTABS, AND MORPHINE FOR MY BACK PAIN. THE DR HASN'T BEEN GIVING ME THEM I HAVE BEEN TAKING THEM FROM OTHER PEOLPE. I HAVE TRIEDS TO STOP TAKING THEM, BUT I HURT ALL OVER. HOW CAN I SAFELY DETOX MYSELF OFF THIS AND STILL TAKE CARE OF MY TEENS. PLEASE NO BASHING I'M ASKING FOR HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• try narcotics anonymous, i hope you recover safely :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You need a professional to help you do so safely...At least you realize you have a problem and are admitting it! Congratulations and feel free to PM me if you need to talk.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 11:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i do not know, but i would seek professional help
    risky to do on your own and i bet not as successful

call a hotline today for professional advice
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The best way I know of detoxing is to go cold turkey but that might be too hard to do with these meds. How about tapering off but replacing it with something else more positive? I hurt like heck too but refuse to get back on Lortab. I am adding massage to my life to help relieve the pain. Your insurance might even pay for it. If not, find a place that will give you a discount. I found a coupon in the phone book. My doctor put me in Physical Therapy and that was great but my insurance maxxed out. PT told me to do massages. So that's what I'm doing. So my point is to replace the negative with a positive. It might take time but you can do this. I'd also talk to my pharmacist and ask a hypothetical question about how to replace something like lortab with something less damaging. (remember it can damage your organs if taken too much) This way they think you are wanting to stay away from damage not show addiction problems

Answer by admckenzie at 11:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2009