Melaleuca Question

I posted a question the other day and didn't get any real answers... As a CLIENT, how do you actually save any money with Melaleuca? Or do you have to be a rep and put lots of money in?? I know the products last ages but if they last that long why do I have to buy so much every month??

Membership fees and required purchases make no sence if you are trying to save money... So, how does it all really work???

Not the business end, but on the client end...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't understand how paying a monthly fee saves you any money. I don't buy cleaning products that often nor to I buy shampoo that often. We don't take vitamins (they mess up our system) so I don't really get it either. I hope you get an answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I was with them a few years ago... Didn't like the cleaning products and don't see the value in most if any of it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I shop every month and absolutely love it! I save tons of money by shopping there instead of Walmart and Target and Mary Kay. Products are so much better, why don't you try them out and see the changes that happen when you shop at a better store and buy better products that are healthier for you? Everything is guaranteed!!!
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• There is no monthly fee you just shop every month for what you need. most of the cleaning products are up to 6 times concentrated and that is one of the ways your saving money all you have to do is buy your certain amount of product points dependind on your agreement. so if you need your cleaning supplies or hygene, fiber, makeup you would buy it anyways from other stores but its healthier for you with melaleuca and as a representative you dont put any money into the business all you do is become a customer and refer others I think you are a bit confused no offense call them and ask them to explain it better or call the person who enrolled you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I was with them about two years ago. I really wanted to make it work. I really liked their cleaning products. I signed up at a time when they were having a special membership price so it wasn't that bad. I couldn't afford to be spending so much money a month though, so I had to give it up. I intended on working it and being a marketing executive, but no one wants to be obligated to spend a certain amount of money every month, so I had a lot of trouble, getting anyone interested. I don't understand why they make you buy a certain amount every month. I think they would have more success as a company if you could buy what you wanted, when you wanted.
    greenfairy9

Answer by greenfairy9 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would love to see ingredient lists. I suspect that their products are not as environmentally friendly as they claim.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The products sell themselves. Just like Sam's Club or Costco you have to pay for a membership to shop there, that is what there membership fee is all about. As far as saving money, you are you just don't see it because you are spending the money all at once instead of buying a little bit each week when you go to the local grocery store etc. The other thing is you have to completely commit yourself and switch stores, if Melaleuca sells it you buy it from them, I have no trouble meeting my 75 product point commitment each month as a Director, and I am reaching higher every day. I would love to chat more privately with you about this. Can you email me at tmoulton82@yahoo.com. Thanks! Tanya
    P.S. I say this because there we are only allowed so many characters and I think you need more information than I can put..Thanks! :):)
    TanyaMoulton

Answer by TanyaMoulton at 4:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• LOVE the products! LOVe the company! We have NEVER had an issue with products or monthly purchases. I was at Walmart today and spent over $50 just on shoes, a book case (small and on sale). Good grief! we are redirecting our shopping and I would NEVER go back to what I did before!
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 5:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• When you compare quality competitors --brand names and other mlms-- the prices are the same. Preferred clients just get to save money off the retail price.

The easiest way to save money is to order for your friends, so you can give them a discount off retail (or the same discount as you) and you don't have to independently be buying all the points every month. Then, when the free stuff come in, you get it (or you can share it).

The way to MAKE money is sign up lots of other people who will sign up lots of other people, so you make a cut off everyone's purchases. Then you can have most of your stuff for free.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009