watering down juice?

why do people always say to water down baby juice? my pedi said that you shouldn't do that. when you water down juice your not diluting any of the sugar or other bad stuff in there.

Anyone else not dilute their childs juice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My main reason is my daughter likes juice. So if I do half water and half juice, she can have 2 cups instead of one and still get 4-6 oz. total for the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I sometime will dilute my own juice. Sometime it is just too sweet!!!! as for doing it in kids if you have a 12 oz bottle of juice yeah you have 12 oz of sugared juice but if you put 2 oz of juice and 2 oz of water you will make that 12 oz bottle last longer and it will still taste just as good. Not sure why your Dr would tell you not to do it. I don't think it makes much of a difference to do it or not to do it. either way your child is still getting all the same pluss water which is always better for them as they get older.
    VinniesMommie

Answer by VinniesMommie at 11:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Same amount of liquid with less sugary drink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009