Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should she do?

*I couldnt find the right category for this suject*
my mother wired some money (3,180.00) over a 12 month period to her siser -in-law to pay a bill instead the lady kept the money now my mom can possibly be going to jail. I told my mother to file a small claims case but she has no idea how to do it and neither do i. If you have any suggestions or comments please leave them below.


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (3)
  • 1) why would your mom give her so much money for a bill that isn't hers?
    2) you can find the ways to file on your local government's website
    3) why would she be going to jail over this?
    4) advise your mom to stop giving money to people like this

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • Was the bill your mom's bill and her SIL was supposed to pay it? Why didn't she pay it directly to whom it was owed?
    Sorry, idk what your mom can do. That was just awful of her SIL.

    Answer by Pnukey at 12:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • Okay go to the courthouse where your mom resides
    Pay the filing fee(small fee)
    get a court date
    Bring proof of the wire transfers as well as any proof for what they were for(the proof is going to be your big deal here, make sure you have it)
    Show up to court
    Be prepared for judge to call your mom an idiot(yeah, I know, but he will trust me)

    Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.