4 dozen eggs. I need ideas!

Other than frittatas, deviled eggs, breakfast tacos and omlets....what in the world can I do with 4 dozen eggs before they spoil???

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Ooh, there is a baked french toast casserole that is delicious! I wonder if you could freeze it... hmm... go to allrecipes and search on baked french toast, its fabulous...and you can prep the night before and just bake in the morning.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• maybe you could make quiche and freeze them?

Let the kids color them, put them in potato salad.

love breakfast cassarole, with sausage and bread in it....so good!!

egg salad sandwhiches
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• egg salad....boiled eggs (boiled eggs last a LOOONG time!) also dont forget MOST baking recipes call for eggs...just make a bunch of baked goods for neighbors, or to freeze...or you can do pickled eggs if you like them? they also last for a loooooong time...lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• make cupcakes or cakes or even tons of cookies
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• bacon egg and cheese sandwhiches on either rolls or bagels, however you like the eggs. or sauage egg and cheese, or ham egg and cheese. salt pepper ketchup if thats how you like it. if you put hashbrowns/potatoes on the sandwhich to its called a BOBO, sobo, or hobo (bacon, sausage, ham) . thats how its done here in ny.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I too am suggesting quiche and freezing it! ( If you like quiche that is!) I've got a great florentine recipe that freezes really well!

Make a huge batch of cookie dough, shape into dough balls and freeze. ( I have a cookie scoop and use that!) Then you'll always have cookies ready, you'll just have to thaw them and bake.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Quiche or home made custard yummy. cookies, cake, hard boiled for snacking.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would absolutely make like 6 quiches, all different flavors and freeze them for easy meals down the road.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• give them away! sorry i hate eggs! LOL
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• There is a lot that you can make and freeze. Send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes. Pancakes, sweet potato pudding, custard or flan (not for freezing, though), quiche, fritatta, french toast, breakfast burritos, ice cream, cheesecake, breakfast casserole, cake, cookies, pumpkin pies,

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009