rejection....

according to sources my problem stems from rejection from my mom that i have never gotten over.when my neighbor or people i work for reject me i flip.or i guess you could say they are trigger points.well this being known,what do i do...how do i get over the so called rejection.

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Can you get closure from your mom? If so, do it. If you can't, then you just work on the things you know are wrong. Once you know the problem it's just a matter of making yourself do something different than what your natural habits are. Eventually you will change.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It depends if the rejection or feeling of abandonment by your mom caused a personality disorder. If so, then it's not going to be so easy to get over. Read about BPD and/or join a group for it and see if you can understand yourself more. If you didn't get scarred enough to get that personality disorder then perhaps building up self esteem and some therapy to help you believe in yourself will do the trick. Don't expect it happen over night but it can get better. Being rejection is never easy but the feeling of abandonment can be devastating

Answer by admckenzie at 1:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Stop the pity game....get a backbone..get up from your chair...and set on mission to be strong. Wake up!!.everyone has some kind of rejection at one time or another. It's what we call "life." If you are that paranoid...seek some professional help. What i would do is get yourself a notebook or a journal...write all the good points about you...write down all the good things about life...and write your feelings down every single day. But let me tell you something....God loves you and that is not a cop out!!! God created you for a reason and purpose...and God does not make junk. You are special because He did create you!!! So get up and get a attitude that says "NO ONE or NOTHING can harm me today!!! I am WONDERFULLY made and I am SOMEBODY!! If you keep saying positive things every day....you will start seeing yourself in positive ways...and so will others.
    suzzettebf

Answer by suzzettebf at 1:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009