Am I the only one who worries about this?

My husband is really wonderful. He's a great dad, he provides for us and I get to stay home, he's so sweet to me. I got really lucky, he was my first boyfriend. I love him so much and I trust him implicitly. He loves me too, and he's so patient with me with the problems I have with self-esteem. He loves my body even though I don't always love it.

But I worry. I can't see myself ever being without him, but if anything ever happened between us and we split up or he died I don't think I would ever find someone who could love me again. I know that lots of men would love a ready-made family, I don't worry about finding someone who could love my daughter, I worry about the fact that sometimes I feel like my body is ruined. I have terrible scars from stretch marks on my belly and breasts and scars from surgury to remove an ectopic pregnancy. Does anyone else worry that no man could ever find them attractive again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• OP you'd be surprised...it takes ALL kinds to make the world go round...

You are beautiful (or not) for more than just your skin...and any man who's worth your time knows that as well.

I think all women feel insecure about things like this from time to time; the question is how much control do you allow these thoughts to have over you and your life? If they're fleeting thoughts no biggie; if they haunt you I would suggest looking inside for other positive things to focus your mind on to boost your self-esteem/confidence.

And believe that your husband finds you more attractive now; when you "know" each other completely and because you gave him the greatest gifts possible; children...

In otherwords; don't buy the MSM/Celeb hype about what makes a woman "attractive/beautiful"! ;-D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• oh yes. of course i worry about that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I do. I just try to focus on the present when I start to to think about that. I have a wonderful husband who is a wonderful father and if anything happened to him I don't know that I would even want another man. Let alone another man ever wanting me.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes, I don't have as great of a body anymore, plus I have stretch marks, and I'm afraid a great guy isn't going to want someone with 2 kids.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• OP here, RIGHT! I feel like damaged goods. I look at myself and I like who I am, but I know that I'm not exactly desireable... honestly I'm kind of surprised that my husband even still wants me. I'm not the same woman he married. I've kinda turned into a hippie and now I have a dilapidated body to boot. I like myself, but who would want this? I don't think anyone would :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I worry about that too. Plus I have 3 small boys, not exactly catnip for eligible guys out there. But I also worry about how I would take care of my kids without their dad so I pray every day that nothing bad happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Anon 44... thanks. That was really sweet. And you're right.

And the rest of you are right too. Why am I worried about something that in all likelihood won't happen (at least not for a long time! My husband and I are turning off our oxygen together when we're 90! lol)? I should be focused on the fact that I have the world's most wonderful man for a husband and a great (if stubborn) baby girl. Thanks everyone :) I feel better now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009