For women who are pregnant with there 2nd child.....

Im not really sure what to do when Im in the hopsital for two days, should I have my husband take my son home over night and then come back in the morning or see if family can keep my two and a half year old for those two days but have him come up during the day to bond with the new baby? In a way I want my husband to stay with our son so he doesnt feel left out but then again I want my husband there with me and our new baby so he can bond with his newborn. What do you plan on doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm due in December, and I'm planning on my daughter and husband staying with me. My mom can take my daughter and get her out for a bit when she visits, but It's going to be a family thing for me.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• we have family close by so our 3 kids will stay at our home with their grandparents. DH will come to the hospital and then go home at night to see the kids and come back.
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 12:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• OP... I dont think the hospital will allow me to keep our son up there over night or else I would have him there in a heart beat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my fifth and I've always left my kids with the grandparents, we do regular phone calls with them, well my husband does, updating them on the new baby! or they woud feel left out. Sounds a crazy system but it works for us. This time though I'm having my eldest daughter and husband there with me. :)
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 12:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i still havent figured out the details but my son will prob stay with family maybe ill have hubby keep him and they can spend all day with me and baby and then they can go home so my son doesnt have to stay at someone elses house for 2-3 days.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• This was part of the reason I think a home birth would be a better option for us. With my first I was up, moving around and wanted to go back home within 12 hours. I had a easy but emotionally traumatizing vaginal birth.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• OP.... Thank you everyone for your responses, if the hospital wont let my son stay there then Im definatly going to have my son stay at our house whille Im in there I just dont know yet if my husband will stay over night with him or one of the grandparents. Oh and I have thought about a home birth but you cant have any drugs and Im not crazy lol (joke, not trying to offend any one) plus I had a wonderful experiance giving birth to my son in a hospital so Im going to stick with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Why in the hospital for so long?
    Can you stay home for the delivery? Everyone can be in their normal & comfortable space.

You can also have your child come to the hospital with you~ as long as there is someone assigned to watch him & take him home.
    Do you have family around, close friends? You could have a birth doula, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh, now I see the above reply. You can have a low-pain or even a pain-free delivery with preparation. Women love it! :-) It's all up to you, of course! But there are other ways to manage pain than the drugs, women choose them all the time. Women survive, lol.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i had my second baby 12 days ago,he stayed wth my mom the night bofre i went to the hospital, then brought him up after had the baby(i had a c-section) then i spent a few hous ith him and the baby, then the other dayi was there he stayed with my SIL and the day afer that i got to come home and he looked so different...but he loves his new lil brother....just keep your 2 1/2 year od involved.....good luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009