What is the wierdest/funniest/grossest thing you've had to do to help a child out?

One time, my niece stuck a rock up her nose. We were at a bar-b-q in the middle of nowhere and everyone started panicking and my sister and her husband were going to take her to the ER at least an hour away. I was holding her in my lap as they got ready to leave and I kinda stared at her, remembering that when my kids were still tiny babies and their nose needed clearing out, I would suck the boogers out with my mouth. ( gross maybe but it worked better then any aspirator I tried!) So I told my sister if she didn't mind me sucking on her daughters nose, I would give it a shot. She said ok, i did it, and it made my niece sneeze that sucker right outta there! Saved them a trip to the hospital!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I haven't had much experience with children except my own son and he's been ok so far, but once our dog ate some dental floss and it was backing him up, so when the end came out we had to pull out the rest to relieve him. GROSS!

But your story still beats mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• LOL anon :42!! I would have been laughing too hard too pull anything out!
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 12:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• When my dd was a baby she was having trouble pooping, and dh and I could see the poop inside, it was huge! I remember holding he cheeks apart and having to pull out the poop, it was so big she never could have passed it! Thank God that kids are cute, I couldn't do this any other way :)
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My son was really little about 4-6 months old and having a hard time pooing. I put a glove on and had to "help" him out. It was kinda gross my hubby said he would have just let him work it out. At that age I wasn't sure what I could give him and he was in pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Just a tip to above posters who had to pull the poop out! My mom said my grandmother used to carve a bar of soap so it would fit "in there" Then she would slide it in ever so gently (!) and that would make it easier for the babies to poop! I can't believe I just typed that paragraph!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My son got sick in the middle of the grocery store and the closest thing I could grab was a blanket we had in the cart. Good thing it was an old one because he had to throw up in it! Then I had to carry this blanket full of yucky stuff until I came across a trash can to throw it away. I hope they emptied the trash right away!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• LOL Oh what ahven't I done?
    Caught puke in my hands--thanks for teaching me THAT one MOM!
    Stuck my finger up a baby's butt to help get poo out(many times, dd had poop probs because of iron intolerance--tip: use clear karo in the milk if they have this problem)
    Picked booger's MANy times
    Wipe noses with my shirt
    Picked puke out of hair
    The list goes on and on!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009