jarred baby food question part 2

ok so i have only found 1 veg so far that he will tolerate lol i made the mistake of introducing sweets before veg. any ideas on how to get him into veggies too?

tylersmommy54

Asked by tylersmommy54 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try sweeter veggies, like carrots, sweet peas, and sweet potatoes.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i tried the sweet peas and i think he was acting like it was the most disgusting thing to ever touch his taste buds but i do have a 2 pack of sweet potatoes for him, i should try them at hi next feeding, thanx hun. i will post what happens on here a bit later.
    tylersmommy54

Answer by tylersmommy54 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Offer a bite or two of a veggie every time you feed him. With some kids it will take longer, but the majority eventually will acquire a taste for it and eat them! Just keep offering!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Babies make the funniest faces! Everything is a new flavor to them. I would try the peas again at dinner and again tomorrow. Also try mixing a little bit in his cereal to help him get used to the taste.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Try mixing in something he likes. I know it sounds gross, but that's the only way I could get my son to eat anything when he was a baby, was to mix bananas in with it (applesauce, peaches, green beans, carrots...you name it, it had to have bananas in it for him to eat it). It's worth a shot; anything to get them to eat their veggies.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Keep offering them - for some babies it takes a while for their taste buds to acclimate, but they will. Especially for the sweet potatoes, peas, etc

Answer by missanc at 1:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• dont give them a choice... I know it sounds mean but Kids are smart... they know when they are hungry and you arent there to just fix what your kiddo likes... I did this with my DS and if the kid is hungry and know you wont just go make something else they will eat... DS will nos at 19mos old turn down Ice cream and chocolate for veg...
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My daughter didn't like jarred veges...I give her fresh steamed veggies such as spinach, broccoli florets, green beans and peas...she never took any of those in the jar..they don't taste that good..if you are able and have the time to make it yourself, then I woud do that...it's much healthier and tastier :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It just might take a while. My DD took to veggies right away. MY DS would only eat fruits and meats for 2 months then FINALLY decided he'd give veggies a go. Just keep offering them until he some day accepts them.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• mix every bite with fruit - apples and peas, green beans and pears etc.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009