My husband thinks that I am Stooo-pid ......

For wanting to dress our almost 4 month old baby girl up for Halloween! He says what is the point - she can't trick or treat? I do not think he understands that 1) it is her first Halloween 2) most people do dress the baby up just to show them off

Would you go ahead and buy the baby a Halloween Costume regardless of what DH thinks??

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 12:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES!!!! I also kept the umbilical cord stump for her baby book and that's when he thought I was off my rocker
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yepp for sure its the whole point that its her 1st halloween heck u can eat the candy if ya want
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i had a outdoor one piece fleece zip up that was a Piglet, ears and all
    we put her in that, not really a costume because her wore it outside for everyday
    but we went over to grandmas and she had that over her regular outfit
    grandma liked it
    but we did not take her trick or treating, she was 3 months old
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• lol you dont do it for her you do it for you!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Duh hubby...it's all about the pictures!
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 12:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My husband (half jokingly) said the same thing about 1st Halloween, 1st Christmas, and 1st birthday party. I told him it didn't matter if they won't remember - I HAVE to have pictures to proove to them later that I did it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• She'll be with you when you answer the door to give out candy! It's not like no one will see her! Men.... ;-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think dressing up babies is a waste of money. I got a really cute duck bib and hat and put my baby in that. The following year I got some cute Halloween jammies and she wore those out side with the neighbors as we gave out candy. Now that she's 2, I'll get her a costume but not sure if we'll go trick or treating. I got luck with Christmas too. no gifts, we went shopping after and hit all the sales for clothing though. This year, I think I'm going to have to get her something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• OP: Yeah! Dress her up! Dress her UP!! You just wait - now he will have an OPINION about she canshould wear! Oh and Jademom - I kept her stump too and yes DH thinks I am nutz.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• oh ya, i dressed my son up for his first halloween, he was only 2 months old.. my husband and i made a huge deal about it, we both dressed up with my son and then we handed out candy. it was lots of fun.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2009