Pregnant and I have a question.

I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant (hooray for the dollar store and their pregnancy tests!).

My last full, long, and normal period started 6/27. On 8/1 I had an episode of a day or two where I spotted with sex, didn't really bleed like a normal period.

WDYT? Should I count the August bleeding anyway, or go from the 6/27 date?

uncreativename

Asked by uncreativename at 1:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would be sure to inform your doctor. But most likely go with your full last period which was in June. The spotting could have been implantation bleeding. Good luck to you though and Congratulations!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think you should probably go with the 6/27 date.
    But the only way that you're going to know for certain is if you go the doctors and get a blood test done, their tests are really sensitive so they'll be able to tell you how pregnant you are properly.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 1:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I do have an appointment on 9/10. I hope they'll tell for sure then.
    uncreativename

Answer by uncreativename at 1:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• if your completely unsure tell your doc...most likely they will order an ultrasound to see if they can determine how far along you are...i thought i was 3 months pregnant with my first child when i had an ultrasound and got a surprise...they measured the circumference of the baby's head to determine how far along...and i was NOT 3, but 5!!! LOL
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• A blood test can NOT tell you how far along you are! An early ultrasound usually can though. (not everybody on here knows what the heck they are talking about.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i agree with anon 1:33....but not so harshly geeez.....you cant tell how far along you are with a blood test...just that you ARE preggies...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009