CNA TEST

Has anyone ever challenged the cna test without taken the class.I am thinking about doing that and was wondering if anyone else has done that.I have taken the test eight years ago but I let my certificate exspire in 2005.In Texas nurse aide regestry sends you a handbook to study from and the forms to fill out to take the test.The last time I took the class I made a 98 in the class out of a 100.

cjray77

Asked by cjray77 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• In ohio its a S.T.N.A and you have to take you certificate you get from taking the class with you in order to get state tested. If you don't get state tested then you can use that and just be a Home health aide
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• In AZ if it expires you must retake the class to take the exam.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If you're completely confident and remember most of the stuff you knew back then...then I don't see why not. What I do remember about taking the exam was they had certain ways for you to do the most simplest tasks. Like making a bed for example. There are all these cheesy steps and ways they want you to do it in order to pass the exam. Good luck!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 4:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have friends who have been trained by the nursing homes...the test is not that hard, mostly handwashing,vitals,bedmaking, and the such...I'm sure you will do fine.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009