What do you do when you're depressed?

I found out a couple days ago that my husband cheated on me, again. I have been blowing him off lately but for some reason I still miss talking to him a lot. I'm also pregnant which is adding to me feeling like poo. I'm trying really hard to put on a happy face for my 2 daughters but I can't. I have also been tempted to smoke a cigarette but luckily don't have any and won't buy any. I have lots 4 pounds in 2 days from eating the bare minimal. I just need something to lift up my spirits, because I feel like without my husband I'm nothing, and really don't want to talk to him and fall back into his trap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I am sorry you are hurting. So many women fall into the "I'm nothing without him" mode. I hope you know that's not true in reality. Now isn't the time to give you the speech on being 100% you and not an extension of him but when you feel better, keep those words in mind. For some reason many men cheat and don't think the wife should take it personally! Imagine that. They think it's just sex so it doesn't mean anything. The silly men!!! It means something to us but they just don't get it. I can't make your pain go away but please eat. You are harming the baby by not eating. At least drink some soup or protein drink or some milk to make sure the baby is getting calcium. Take your vitamins. Eat chocolate. That might stimulate your stomach into wanting food. If you have his credit card take yourself out to eat and buy

Answer by admckenzie at 1:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am really sorry about the situation you're in. I can't imagine myself in your shoes if that happened to me 4 years ago. Somehow I understand how hard it is for you now to stop talking your betray husband. I don't know how to help you but I'm saying a prayer for you and your girls.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Do you have any close friends you can call over to sit and spend time with you? Sometimes just talking and interacting with others will lift your spirits. I know it sucks to be cheated on. Or take your daughters for a girls day out, even if it is just going to the park for a picnic, then comihg home and watching girly movies with them. Make it a party for them and hopefully you will begin to feel better also! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• First of all...hit him over the head with a cast iron skillet and ask him which planet he is from...just kidding. With this situation i don't think there is an easy answer. When i'm going through a tough time is to think about people in this world who are worse off than me. I look at the little kids in Africa and India who don't even have a bed to sleep in or a meal to eat....and thousands are dying each day from disease and violence. Then I watch some Extreme Makeover episodes and see what those families have been going through...and then I get on my knees and thank God for blessing me. Let's face it you are going to have a tough time...but there are tons of support groups out there that can help you because i can bet the Trump Towers that you are not the only one that has gone through this type of hardship or situation. The most important thing is to keep your pregnancy healthy. Go and talk to a minister or priest.
    suzzettebf

Answer by suzzettebf at 1:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• remember a past problem that at that time seemed too big to get through, remember how you did overcome it, now think how big it was then and how much smaller it seems today

back then you did not think you were strong enough to get through it, but guess what..you were strong and handled

when you find yourself thinking about your present hurdle, remeber you are strong, you will gt through this and this too with be in your past.

imagine your life a year from now, nothing too big or exciting just little things...how you will have a room set up for your baby, playing in the park, meeting with friends for playdates, whatever small everyday joys life with bring. know that his life will be near for you before you know it and why waste time thinking on this present day issue when you can be looking toward the future life that will be so much better

so when you dwell in the present problem, look to your past & future
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Bless your heart, I can't even imagine going through that situation of your husband cheating, let alone you being pregnant. I get depressed a lot lately, going through a divorce and facing lonliness. I try to talk to my friends and family when I'm feeling down, and I also pray. I read my bible (I don't know how you feel about praying and reading the bible, I'm just giving you some examples of what helps me). I try to focus on the good in my life instead of the negative. If you have someone you can talk too that will help you so much. Good luck honey, I hope everything works out for you!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• hugscon't something nice for yourself. That always made me feel better when my x cheated!

• Be strong. Any man that will cheat while their wife is pregnant is just dealing with his hormones and not his heart. He will realize that it is time to stop playing games and treat his woman better. I also did not know his wife was having a baby. When I found out I kept my distance as an acquaintance and ignored him. He soon followed suit . It is also the girl's fault for not finding out if the guy is married and worse yet wife with child. Just when will women realize that you are being used cuz wife is preggers? He doesn't love her . He loves you but maybe one day he will grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009