Is it normal to leak urine during pregnancy?

it seems my underwear are always a tiny bit wet. Not tons just a little. Is it normal to leak urine? My Baby kicks a lot I was just wondering if his kicking my bladder could be causing this?

Also another question... I was laying on my left side the other night, and when I got up i had a pain in my right lower belly... You ladies think this is just my muscles? im 23 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes to both.....it gets more FUN....lol....enjot the little things while you can....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I hope it's normal, because my panties have been wet for months now (I'm 34 weeks)...lol. :)
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 1:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• YES ALL NORMLA AND IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE. AS FOR ME PREGANCY RUIN MY BLADDER I PEE IF I COUCH, SNEEZE, LAUGH EVEN DO A SIT UP AND AM IN CONSTANT PAIN. I HAVE 2 KIDS.YEAH MUSCLES
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yes it's normal and the pain is most likely ligament pain. the pain only gets worse. im 32 weeks and i can barely walk bc my pubic bone and pelvis and tailbone hurt.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• How do I know its not like amniotic fluid or something. That worries me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes, it's normal. Especially when you sneeze or something. Try wearing a panty liner to catch the urine. The pain is probably round ligament pain. When your uterus grows, the ligaments holding it in place have to stretch, too, which can be painful, and the pain is VERY common.
    Try doing Kegels for the urine problem, but be aware it will get worse as you progress. Keep up the Kegels after you give birth. It will help some.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It is normal. The weight gain from the baby is causing pressure on your bladder. Overweight women often have the same condition (another reason to excercise after the baby comes). The suggestion to do kegel exercises will benefit you considerably and results are seen quickly. Wearing a liner may seem like something else to do, but when you need it you will be so happy you have one on. Also, follow one of the Rules of Life: Never miss an opportunity to use the ladies room, even when you don't think you have to go.
    RosaRosa

Answer by RosaRosa at 7:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• YES - I'm doing it now, constantly. This kid is sitting on my freakin' blabber so every moment is a leak. Not to mention when I sneeze or cough. Or my potty runs every half hour.

Take my advice - Invest in Poise or some other pad for bladder leakage. You'll feel much more comfortable!
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 8:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2009