So, let me get this straight. You right-wingers LIKE being denied health insurance because of a pre-existing condition? You LIKE having your health insurance canceled when you get sick? THAT"S the system you are defending?!

My father had bypass surgery in 2003. A month later his insurance company canceled his policy. He could not get health insurance after that because he had a pre-existing condition. He died July 12th of congestive heart failure because he had no money for the additional heart surgery that he needed this year. He was 61 years old. You people are honestly going to tell me that the U.S. health care system is fine and doesn't need major reform? Maybe you will feel differently when you have to watch YOUR father die for no other reason than the greed of the insurance companies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am also sorry for your loss and i completely agree with what the first anon said. Its sad and disgusting to know that insurance companies can do this and people still see no reason for reform. I guess the ones who are "okay" with what we have now are the rich. They have money so they don't need it, thats why they are fighting against it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. I agree completely that we NEED reform now! I think that alot of Repubs are against it just because Obama is for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am against amputating my arm because I tore a nail. That's what this plan is - taking a bad situation and making it worse, but some don't care because their brain stops working as long as you spoonfeed them the word "change"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I agree w/ you %100 REFORM ALL THE WAY! But hold onto your hats, CM has a boat of angry conservatives....i hear their hoofs coming now!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Enough of the word spoon fed notpanicking, you can't assume that all liberals are spoon fed, but you certainly choose to believe that. I personally think your opinions are a bit paranoid. You are not a psychic at all, i HIGHLY doubt that you know exactly how this is going to turn out.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• "I am against amputating my arm because I tore a nail. That's what this plan is - taking a bad situation and making it worse, but some don't care because their brain stops working as long as you spoonfeed them the word "change"

So, I guess that means that my dad deserved to die? How about changing the law so insurance companies can't deny coverage beause of pre-existing conditions?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• LIBERALS ARE SPOON FED?!!! Give me a break!! Ever heard of Rush Limbaugh? Sean Hannity? Glen Beck? THAT is spoonfeeding!! Right-wingers can't take a dump without Limbaugh or Hannity teling them how. They don't have an original thought in their heads.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm sorry for your loss :-( I'm sure the conservatives around here believe the privatized death panels we have now operate with lower overhead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

I want reform. Most people want reform, both Democrats and Republicans. What I want is a bill that is understandable. I want one the preserves choice.  I want a bill that spells out costs and coverage in clear, concise language. I want a simple bill that utilizes our current health care system, rather than tears it downs and attempts to rebuild it.

What I don't want is a bill full of committees and oversights that have nothing to do with providing care to the uninsured.   I don't want a bill so large that it covers every aspect of my health from birth to death.  I don't want a bill so expensive that it bankrupts our society. 

OP, is that really so different from what you want?

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes, you get it. That's it exactly. Congrats on not bothering to understand what the other side is saying, but running your mouth anyway.

We are not against reform. We are against THIS reform. It's not financially sustainable, which will leave us in a worse position in a couple of years.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009