Don't you just worry for some children...

I know that the way people act in highschool and how they will act once they're a mother will not always correlate. But I met a girl who I used to go to highschool with the other days, who's 30 weeks pregnant, she ran up to me and I'm telling you she had no clue what was going on. She was crazy at highschool, literally sometimes she'd just stand up in literature and start singing and then get sent out. Like acctually mental. And I thought she'd have changed but not really... as in she was anorexic because she 'forgot' to feed herself. And now she's living on her own and still like this. I just worry for her baby. Do you ever meet people like this? Or think this? I'm wondering whether I'm a really mean person.

mommatomanyy

Asked by mommatomanyy at 1:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• i try to worry and i try to care but i cant.... im not allowed!! any time i say oh i feel bad for that kid. or something about how a kid was mistreated im always told to shut up mind my biz they arent my kids to worry or care about... but isnt ppl like us that do care the ones that call CPS to get the kids out of the nasty homes? the ones who try to get the kids a better life? If we werent around then think of how many kids would be dead, sick, or depressed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• wow, yes i do worry for ppl like that. something else that bugs me is when ppl dont make their kids say please and thank you or they ignore their kid and the kid is running wild through the store. what is this world coming to?!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You have no idea if she is still like that or if seeing you again just made her act differently. Don't make assumptions, you do not see her all the time. If you are that concerned for the child she is having then maybe you should try to spend some time with her and see if she is stable. If you are not willing to do that then I suppose your judgment will have to stop and you will have to let her live her life....as you have the last few years when you have not spoken. She is an adult now and I am sure if she is truly still a little "out there" she has friends and family that will keep a close eye on her and her new baby when that time comes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• And to answer the rest of the question....YES....SOME PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BREED. Children that are neglected in many ways and lack discipline in their home just make me unbelievably sad...not to mention highly irate when I have to deal with their unruly children when I am at work or I am out running errands. Nothing pisses me off more than dealing with someone else's deviant little brats because they don't have the balls necessary to tell the NO or KNOCK IT OFF. Grow a pair....or get your SO neutered so the rest of us don't have to deal with the BS that ensues from the lack of parenting. (sorry...a bit harsh...but DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ...I feel much better now! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yes.. and i hear ya.. i think about this also.. its just sad.. thats all i got.. just sad!!!!
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 2:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Anon 2:01 - Couldn't agree more! I work with K-5, and the when the kid wants a drink or snack they walk up to me and point to the bottle of juice. I just look at them. Then they say, "Hawaiin Punch". My response is always, "And is that how we ask for it? Do you ask your mom that way?" They completely look at me with a blank stare when all they have to do is ask properly, and throw a please and thank you in there! The problem is is that this IS probably how they ask their mom, and she gives it to them!! UUGH!! Kids are so different from when we were younger, my folks would throttle me if I didn't use my manners or disrespected an adult!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009