I am dating this guy that my family doesn't like. We are having a baby together and I just wanna know is there any reason I should end the relationship with him eause of my family?

sweetnessnbk

Asked by sweetnessnbk at 2:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• well the fact that you're asking makes me think you have issues w/him as well. otherwise you're families opinion wouldn't matter. and it shouldn't unless you are in an unsafe relationship, if he is verbally or physically abusive than yes it should matter. otherwise they aren't the one's who are with him you are.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Family opinions should come a distant second to your own.

If you have questions, address them and set yourself straight. Dont dump someone just cuz your family isnt thrilled with him. Its not them who is making a family with him,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I guess it would depend on the reasons they don't like him. I sure wish I had listened to my family concerning my ex!!

Answer by missanc at 2:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Unless he's mean to you or is an alcoholic or drug addict, they don't have much business trying to influence you about him.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It really depends on your family and if they're close to you and have your best interest at heart. I do think that some people have families that do look out for them and their opinion matters. While others have bad family that gives them bad advice or advice out of jealousy. So look at what your family is to you and decide whether or not they're looking out for you. I know sometimes when we fall in love we want to see all the good and those who love us most are the ones who can judge another objectively. If what they're saying about him holds true, really look at the situations and make a decision based on facts not emotions.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• How does he treat you? As long as he is not abusive to you in any way it should not matter. My ex-husbands family hated me and did not want my ex to even date me. No one was good enough for their son. They hated his girlfriend from college and made sure they broke them up, We actually get along quiet well now &guess what he married his ex college girlfriend any way. Families should stay out of their childrens relationships &let them live their own lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009