3 year old to sleep a MAX of 4 hours??

Hello everyone!! I need some major help!! Tomorrow my son is getting an EEG awake and sleeping for seizures. Now the problem is with the EEG he needs to have no more than 4 hours of sleep tonight. My question is HOW do I keep a 3 year awake ALL NIGHT LONG?! I'm going to pick up some movies (which always makes me tired) and snacks also a few new toys, anything else? Oh and LOTS OF COFFEE for mommy!! HELP PLEASEEEEEE.

SeansMommy

Asked by SeansMommy at 2:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh you poor thing, I am sending my love to you for tonight! Right as wrong as it sounds, are there any sweets that keep him up?
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 2:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• no there isn't and he isn't allowed to have caffine. My son is just like me, when he falls asleep FORGET trying to wake him up, it just isn't going to happen. lol :'(
    SeansMommy

Answer by SeansMommy at 2:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• keep him playing, let him watch the movies til he's drowsy than get up and play hide n seek or something like that. cold cold snacks and drinks (frozen yogurt, things like that w/o the caffeine) and maybe turn the ac down a bit and have him in shorts only or just a pull up if hes in those. that way its a little chilly. i would also maybe put him to bed at midnight at wake him up at 4 or something like that, so he gets that 4 hr stretch in the middle of the night and doesn't get too cranky. good luck
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We had to do that with my DD last fall (when she was two). I agree with the PP. Just keep him busy and playing. I think the hardest part was getting her up after she'd been asleep for those 4 hours.
    BraniOut

Answer by BraniOut at 3:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Keep him up as late as possible, then let him go to bed. Wake him after 4 hours and play, etc until you have to leave.

We were lucky that because of the length of the drive to the hospital for my son's EEG, we kept him up late enough that by the time we had to leave, he had to be up. I played DVD's in the truck and talked to him on the way to the hosptial and once there, he was too interested in what was going on and it was bright so he stayed awake.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• IF BATHS KEEP HIM UP .....GET PLENTY OF BUBBLES LOL(WOULD BE GOOD IF HE STARTS DOSING OFF)!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Superfuntime!!!

Been here. We made a special time of it, switching from playing acting with toys, to singing epic stories and acting insane... the sleep~dep kinda helped but I doubt I coulda done it without caffeine.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 3:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2009