So, because it is the first, I had to go after groceries today...

Of course, I MUST be on food stamps since I went after groceries this morning. It couldn't possibly be that today is payday and my in-laws are flying in tomorrow...

And of course everyone was looking in my cart to see what I had, and judging what I was buying.

Anyone else think this is ridiculous? I seriously didn't have time to look at what everyone else was buying. I was trying to keep my kids happy and get what I needed and get out of there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So wtf is your q?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• paranoid much are we?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Don't worry about what people think about what you are buying. What even brought this on? Even if you were on food stamps there is no shame in that.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 2:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Why the hell do you give a shit what others think? Buy your groceries and go home. Who cares. Insecure much?
    Anonymous

• ummm everyone i know shops around the 1st b/c thats when alot of people get paid, either at the end of the month or the 1st of the month...maybe "i think i'm paranoid...."
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think the first 3 anon posters are the same person
    Yes people do that in stores! I asked a question about it before, asking people if they really notice what other people buy and if they are using FS. You would be amazed at how many people admitted they do look in other people's carts and they just "happened" to notice they are using an EBT card. Mind your own damn business people!! Quit paying so much attention to what others are buying!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh yeah I get it constantly at civilian stores. Fortunately, I refuse to shop at them anymore; I go to the Commissary on post now! LOL So instead of fighting Nosey Nellies, I get to fight other Army wives spending their hubbies paychecks--have y'all SEEN what the first and fifteenth look like on post?!!?! WE need the kevlars, not our hubbies! LMBO!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• So you didn't have time to see what everyone else was buying because you were so intent on your shopping, but you had time to notice that they were "watching " you? That makes no sense.

Answer by missanc at 2:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I unlike many out there have a life. I do not spend one minute of my time looking to see what others are buying and the method in which they are using to pay for them. I don't give a rats ass what people buy,or if they are on food stamps. We all have to eat. Sure there are those who abuse the system...you will get that anywhere...but an educated person would know that an infentesimal amount of our tax dollars go towards welfare programs. Why is it a bad thing for people to assume you are on food stamps? If you are or are not does not make you any better than anybody else. Karma is a bitch...I think those who bash those less fortunate than themselves will get what is coming to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You are full of crap. They were in the store too and probably did not even care what you had. You sure were looking around to see if they were looking at you.lol They were probably wondering thinking you were a nutcase staring at everyone. Seriously grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009